Monday, February 22, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Well, we finally got our snowday the weekend of Valentine's day! I was really surprised and excited when Auburn University closed campus for that Friday. I was looking forward to a much needed morning of sleeping in and snuggling with my Stink! (that's King, not Matthew :)
house
But, when we woke up there was no sign of snow. It took awhile for it to start, but when it did it didn't stop! It was absolutely beautiful! I think we ended with about 4 inches.
front_door
Most of the time when it snows, we are out-of-town and never make it to campus for pictures. Well this time I did! It was so crowded and people were in line to pose in front of the famous Samford Hall.
samford_hall
I even made it over to my building, Comer Hall, on Ag Hill. It is celebrating it's 100th birthday this year! Amazing, I know!
comer
And, whoever knew Ag students were so creative?!? I found this green-haired snow-woman and couldn't resist a pic.
snow_woman
And, finally we made our family picture before it all melted away. We've been lucky to see it for 3 years in a row now, so maybe it will be back next year!
dixon_family

No comments: