Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tweet, Tweet, Tweet

Photobucket
A couple of weeks ago, Matthew and I co-hosted a couples shower at our home with Bradley and Isaac Robertson for our good friends Andy and Stacey Jordan. They are expecting their first child, Oliver Liam, on January 25th. We couldn't be more excited for them! If I know Stacey, Oliver will be completely spoiled...the way every child should be!
invite
I was super excited about hosting my fist baby shower, and I wanted everything to be special. So, I had my mother, Rita Carr, paint the stork illustration that I applied to the invitations. After that, the nesting theme was born and I literally when crazy!
Photobucket
I knew I wanted to make Stacey a diaper cake, but I wasn't sure how I was going to "dress" it up. After looking at several online, I decided to make burp cloths to cover each tier so that the fabrics coordinated with the shower. I think it turned out pretty cute, especially with the bird nest topper. Plus, she got a total of 5 new burp cloths! Who doesn't like that!?!
Photobucket
Since it was a couples shower, we had to have a gender friendly menu! *L* So, instead of girly finger foods, we had meatball sandwiches, antipasto squares, seven layer dip, hot wings, rotel dip and chocolate covered bird nests cookies for dessert! It was all so yummy! Definitely a menu to keep!
doors
Bradley and I thought blue hydrangeas would be perfect, and since mine were blooming like crazy mid-November (weird, right?) we used them everywhere!
Photobucket
My sister, Audrey Walter, made these gorgeous wreaths for the front doors. They were the perfect touch, and I've been enjoying them ever since. Thanks sis!!
Photobucket
And, yes, they were the lucky winners of the Tiger Corey Bubble. It should be perfect for little Oliver next football season! And, isn't Andy hilarious in this photo?? *L* Now I have a good idea of what Oliver will look like wearing the outfit!! :)
andy_stacey
Congratulations Andy and Stacey!! xoxo Hannah

2 comments:

vanessa said...

That is a beautiful pic of the invitation. Portfolio!

Hannah Dixon said...

Thanks V!