Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mother and Child

Photobucket
A couple of weeks ago, I attended a hometown, baby shower in Eva, AL for a wonderful family friend, Kimberly Gorham.
hannah_sausagebaby
Kim was in the Interior Design program at Auburn University with my sister, Audrey Walter. Since college, Kim has been a wonderful addition to the family. And because Eva is close to Huntsville, where our Mama lives...we all got together to celebrate the upcoming arrival of baby Jack!
hannah_foodtable
Well, let me tell you exactly what it means for us all to "get together" at Mama's.....chaos! Not the disorderly kind, but the kind when you have so many things to share and do...but, not enough time to do it all...especially in only two days! There just isn't enough time in a weekend to use-up all of our family love! *pout*
hannah_kimcard
To kick off this special weekend of chaotic family love...we were all finishing a project for Kim's shower!
hannah_bubble
I was working on a Bama Corey Bubble, pictured above with baby Jack's great-grandmother. Looks like I might be slowing creating a collegiate collection with these outfits for the SEC!! *laughing*
Photobucket
Audrey, was putting the final coats on a table and chair set for Jack's nursery. Doesn't it look great?? I was so impressed, but not surprised! Audrey always has so many great ideas...especially for gifts!
hannah_ritacarrpainting
And, Mama (better known in the art world as Rita T. Carr) was finishing an acrylic painting titled "Mother and child". She is working towards a professional career in art and I couldn't be more proud of her! I can't wait to show-off some of her other paintings and murals!
hannah_booties
The shower was a huge success and Kim got an abundance of great baby gear! And, we spent the rest of the weekend in the rain at the Sugarland concert on Redstone Arsenal! But, mud and all, it was so much fun! I just wish weekends like this with my family could last forever. I miss you guys terribly! xoxo

1 comment:

Dara said...

I think a collection of SEC outfits is a terrific idea! Go for it!