Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Puppy Love

hannah_boys
Over Mother's Day weekend, we were able to spend some much needed time with Matthew's little cousins: Bence (back), Jordan (left) and Graham (right). I caught this great picture of them with our Malti-poo, King, and Jordan's Shih-tzu, Dolly. Aren't they cute?? :)
hannah_puppy3.1
The picture of the boys and pups made me think of this cute little Carter's onesie I hand-embroidered several years ago. I loved it so much, that I decided to save it for myself. Maybe I'll get to actually use it one day!
hannah_puppy2.1
I got the idea after visiting etsy...you know, the home of everything handmade! There used to be a shop similiar to Cornflower Creations that sold the cutiest hand-embroidered onesies. Since I cross-stitched in high school, I thought embroidery would be fun and relatively easy way to make cute baby gifts.
hannah_puppy2.1
And, this is when my love affair with sewing started. I finished a few of these boogers and then learned to smock, which then led to the purchase of my Janome MC 9700. This machine will embroidery and applique anything and everything....especially onesies! But, these do have a special quality about them, you know, done with love! So, maybe I'll work on a few more to add to my collection!

No comments: