Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Merry Mary De

hannah_marydeside
I took a sewing class with Cindy Long at the Opelika Sewing Center sometime last year and learned how to make the Children's Corner pattern, Mary De. It's a great outfit because it's so versatile. Just add a cute turtle neck and some funky tights and the little one will be already for fall!
hannah_marydeinsert
The fabric is Boho Blossom Clementine from Micheal Miller Fabrics (unfortunately, you can no longer get that color directly from his website but check out one of my favorite local shops, Sweet Treasures, in Columbus, GA.) The smocking plate is Daisy Chain by Jeanne Rogers Womack.
hannah_marydefront
I finally finished it up last Tuesday night when the girls were over for our weekly "Sip & Sew!" There isn't anything better than good wine, good sewing & great friends. They've got to stay on top of me because I'm awful about starting projects and never finishing them....so thanks girls!
Photobucket
Oh, I almost forgot....doesn't the confederate jasmine look great!?!
It smells sooo good! I could plant it everywhere!

No comments: