Friday, April 10, 2009

Rowdy Reptile


Matthew's best friends from high school, Wesley and Hilary Whitaker, are expecting their first child in May! The Whitaker's live in their hometown, Bonifay, FL where Wesley works at the Bank of Bonifay and Hilary is a dentist. She graduated from the University of Florida, so it only seemed fitting to make a little outfit for their, rowdy reptile!
rowdy reptile
I used the Maja's Heirloom pattern, "Corey's Bubble" and the smocking plate "Gators" by Ellen McCarn. Since the pattern has minimal smocking, I think it is perfect for baby gifts, especially for boys because you never know if parents are fans of this style of children's clothing! Plus, the pattern is very easy to understand and quick to work through. I think it could be finished from beginning to end in only one day! So, I have lots planned for this little pattern! 'm sure it will be one of my favorites. I can't wait to give it to Hilary at her shower on Saturday! Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Audrey Walter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Audrey Walter said...

Hannah - the bubble is adorable. I bet Hillary loves it!! Did you bleed some Auburn orange and blue all over it before you gave it to her?
You're awesome...i gotta get a hobby.

vanessa said...

That turned out so cute! Now I want to finish mine!!

Jill Bertella said...

Ok... so I want that cute little purple smocked dress! Very cute Hannah!

Katie said...

Hannah, that is precious! I love the whipstitch piping -- it adds the perfect touch. I've never sewn a Maja's Heirlooms pattern before so I'll have to try one since you say they are easy!!