Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Beautiful Burps

hannah_burpcloths
A couple of weeks ago, my baby brother, Clancy, and his wonderful girlfriend Chelsea left Huntsville for the weekend to come and visit with us. We had a great time relaxing and catching up with them, though I usually keep Clancy very busy with projects around the house. This particular weekend, I especially enjoyed the tasty grilled chicken with fingerling potatoes dinner they prepared for us...I'm so glad he's all grown up now! Anyway, while they cooked dinner, I stayed out of the way and took advantage of some nonstop sewing!
hannah_ansleigh2
My dedicated sewing prompted them to place an order for some of those famous burp cloths I know you all have seen. These cloths are just embellished Gerber cloth diapers, so you know they are durable and now beautiful! You can dress them up anyway you like from embroidery with names and monograms to panels of fabulous fabrics to ribbons & ric-rac or even a combination of it all! I think we ended up finishing somewhere around 8 for several of their friends and coworkers that are either proud-new-parents or proud parents-to-be. They are a great and relatively inexpensive way to give personalized baby gifts that will definitely be a favorite among parents.
Photobucket
One of Clancy's coworkers, Angela Russell, saw the ones we worked on and had to have some for her niece, Ansleigh. On the cloth above, I used the Vintage Chloe Font Set from one of my favorite embroidery sites, swakembroidery.com. They have all kinds of wonderful appliques, tips and tutorials!
hannah_initials3
The other two cloths are custom designs I made in Monogram Wizard Plus. It's a great software that includes libraries full of fonts and motifs. There are so many options! I have lots of ideas for these beauties!

2 comments:

vanessa said...

I LOVE those!!!! You have to sell those you would do sooo good! It makes me want to use my emb machine. And thanks Clancy for me almost drinking his maranide.

Hannah Dixon said...

*L* I will definitely tell him!