Friday, April 8, 2011

Easter Repost

Easter is getting closer and I am so unprepared! I've got all of the materials together for Gunnar's outfit, but it's been crazy around my house since I've gone back to work. Hopefully, I'll have time to work on it some this weekend! I'll keep you all posted on the progress. So, in the meantime I thought I'd repost my Spotty Eggs from last Easter. I can't wait to share them with Gunnar! Have fun getting spotty! tootles, Hannah

****************************************
Spotty Eggs - Archive: May 2010

Photobucket
It's been a long time since I've decorated Easter eggs, but I thought it would be fun to reminisce and share with you how my mama got creative with some crayons!
Photobucket
The idea is really straightforward. Basically, you melt new or used crayons with a lighter over hard boiled eggs. Obviously, this activity requires adult supervision! Lighter sticks work the best and are much safer.
Photobucket
It is really fun to watch all of the colors drip, swirl and layer! I think Matthew really enjoyed it! His goal was to cover-up all of the white...and he almost did!
Photobucket
I did this one with a girl in mind, and....
Photobucket
...this one for a boy! My siblings and I always enjoyed picking out the colors and believe me, the combinations are endless!
Photobucket
Regardless, these Spotty Easter Eggs are bound to be the most unique anywhere!
Happy hunting!

No comments: