Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kiwi Patti Paisley

I am seriously loving this beautiful weather! The temperature has been absolutely amazing! We could, however, use a little rain but from what I hear it is on it's way this weekend. :)
Cherry Tree
Speaking of amazing, today is Earth Day! And, in honor of Earth Day I thought I'd share details on the ever-so-popular green and purple smocked dress that has been the blog header for so long. It is one I always get asked about!
kiwi_patti_paisley2
So far, I have made two of these beauties...both for dear friends. I used Michael Miller's Patti Paisley in Kiwi (which is getting hard to find) and the smocking plate is from the book, Geometric Smocking Design by Juliet McDonald. The smocking plate/design is the same one I used in Gorgeous Green. For this one though, I added an extra two rows to the bottom of the design since it was for an 18-month-old. And, the bishop pattern is a classic from Ellen McCarn.
kiwi_patti_paisley
I just love using the same basic pattern with fun, vibrant fabrics. It's crazy how different the same dress can look! xoxo Hannah

No comments: